Sunday, September 16, 2012

The One That Got Away!

     Depressed and laying on the couch, I was scrolling through last weeks fashion shows, crying that they are over and trying to link together the overall Spring 2013 trends.  I was marveling over the belted dresses, altered collars, boucle 'Chanel like' blazers, and then it happened, I came across Nicholas K's catwalk video.
     My instant reaction sounded something like, "Oh shit, this is freaking fabulous!"  When fashion makes you drool on a regular basis it's hard not to react in random outbursts when you see something that literally takes your breath away.
     In our risqué let it all hang out world generally once the weather gets warm the clothes come off, right?  After all, a popular trend for Spring 2013 was short bottoms, hell what am I saying, it was no bottoms.  Hey, let it all hang out, it's trendy!  Multiple designers felt that way but, not Nicholas K.
     Spring = layering.  I mean, it's like nothing I've seen before.  The oversized, crinkled, loose fitting garments flowed off the models like waves in the sea.  Draping silk fabrics over the heads of the models to create hood like coverings...fabulous.  The oversized glasses that would leave Jackie O. in the dust...even more fabulous.  As I was trying to follow the lines and contour of the fabric I got lost in the mix due to the constant curve or cut in the structure of the garment.  It's a-maze-ing.
     Let's not even begin to discuss the warm earth tones that K used.  The camel, rust, milk chocolate and taupe gave off such an effortless vibe.  Simple, easy, straightforward, smooth, I can keep going if you don't get my point!  It's brilliant.  All of it.  I'm not even being bias because I'm infatuated with modern trendy styles.  OK, so I'm being bias...whatever.  It's sick and I that's all I can say.











K-razy!

Ciao, 

Annie May

No comments:

Post a Comment