Friday, September 7, 2012

Spring Ahead, Fall Back!

     I know it's officially Fall but can we please just take a moment to spring ahead to 2013.  The fashion skies have opened and NYC is flooding with Spring 2013 designs.  I know, I know, I know it's only been two days of Fashion Week and I'm already itching to write paragraphs and paragraphs on each and every garment that hit the runway thus far.  But, I'll contain myself (for once).  Can I please just discuss yesterday morning's affair at BCBG Max Azria.
     If cutout's weren't popular this summer Max Azria has made us all well aware that they are all the rage next Spring.  Placement, placement, placement, it's everything and this time smack dab in the middle of the body is where the cutouts are meant to be.  With a straight forward color pallet of cream, black, white and splashes of cream sickle this collection was for the down right simple colored professional.  But, the color pallet is as far as it goes for simplicity.  Leather harnesses, dark crepe dresses and patterned Harem pants made an appearance as well.  Here we also see the return of mid-calf length dresses but don't worry, flashy mid-thigh slits also creeped into the mix.  Somehow this leather harnesses, tied belted, lace topped collection of garments all meshed together into a quintessential fabulous runway production by BCBG Max Azria.  This collection will be brilliant for a hardcore go getting woman.

























The only things missing were whips and chains!

Ciao, 

Annie May

No comments:

Post a Comment