Friday, September 28, 2012

Color At The End Of The Runway!

     Lanvin put construction front and center in this Springs fashion show.  I found myself admiring these garments one by one and trying to solve the mystery of how they were constructed.  Many garments were half of something.  For example, half of the top would be a tank and the other half would be a blazer.  That's what I mean about the construction being a mystery that I, Harriet the spy, have to solve.  Thankfully my technical vision goggles were spot on.  I have to say that some of it was a bit out there in left field, like the one shoulder swim suit that's worn with belted loose fitted pants.  But it's different and different keeps the people intrigued and coming back for more.  
     Viewing the collection, it seemed like a contemporary tailored look was going to exist throughout the show.  But the deeper we went the more exotic it got.  Graphic dresses to glitzy jumpsuits changed the mood of the show and added an edgy look to a softer collection.  I also noticed the accessories were quite over the top but I found myself looking past that and saying that they actually work well with the chic punk mix that's going on.  
     In closing, literally, the show ended with a bang.  We saw black and white for the entire show and then a rainbow bomb went off.  This short lineup of petite satin shift dresses seemed to have such simple construction behind them, but then the surprise panels on the side flashed beads and beautiful embroidery.  These looks are simple and elegant but have such a loud statement due to the shocking color choices.  It was a fantastic show! Lanvin truly never ceases to amaze.












So Lanvin-esque!

Ciao, 

Annie May

No comments:

Post a Comment