Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Plaid Brigade!

     Fall rolls around and the plaids come out to play, that's just how it goes.  Plaids are always the fall/winter cozy go-to, whether it be casual or fancy.  In fact, I'm wrapped up in a plaid scarf right now. Classic me, blogging about what I'm wearing.
     Ok, let's break this down a little bit.  The more casual plaids tend to be the rugged flannels worn with black leggings and some Chucks (insert my everyday look here).  I snuggle up by the fire in my flannel with a good magazine and occasionally doze off.  It's the life, right?  
     Moving on to the other side of the plaid rainbow it gets a little bit fancier.  In the past few years plaids have been being used more and more in business wardrobes.  For example, a classic pencil skirt paired with a chiffon plaid shirt.  It's kinda the classic J. Crew look, preppy upperclass society-ish.  You know what I mean!  It totally passes all office standards.
     Carrying on.  How about the short sleeve plaid look?  I know, it sounds a little strange and a little male-ish.  It's not, it's so not!  It's that 'I borrowed my boyfriends shirt and made it fabulous' thing.  Ahhh, so much potential.  You can wear a long sleeve under it or a nice bulky swearer over it.  Ohhh, it's so wonderful.  Or, if you are so fetch that you dare to wear it alone, let your elbows hang out and enjoy the air party!  As you can see, I am a little excited about it.  You should be too!








It even works from head to toe!

Plaid-erific!

Ciao, 

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment