Monday, October 15, 2012

A 10 Year Old's Perspective!

     As I lay on my beat up leather ABC Carpet & Home couch with my cousin we discussed fashion.  What else do I ever talk about anyway?  Once she began rattling off outfits and what she notices as "fashionable", I started thinking.  Why not hear what she has to say?  A fashion perspective from a 10 year old could be quite comical.  But, considering she is in my family, I had a feeling it could be spot on.  
     When asked, what are the current trends?, she replied with such wit, "Patterned pants, fur coats and vests, scarves, oversized knit sweaters, neon colors, dangling earrings and large rings."  Then she says with such vigor, "As for the feet, booties, they are everywhere!"  After I picked up my jaw, I kept the questions coming.  Where do you get your fashion sense from? And without hesitation, literally none, she blurts, "the street, duh!".  So right then and there I handed her the computer.  In this day and age you are born knowing how to operate a MacBook so, I asked her to find outfits that are in style.  Check out what she found.


H&M
T Tahari Essentials
B Brian Atwood
Marc by Marc Jacobs
Fendi
Rebecca Minkoff
Kate Spade
Rag & Bone

     She found this all on her own, I shit you not!  I peered over and she was on Bloomingdales.com.  Who knows what Bloomingdales is at age 10?  It's fabulous.  I ended with this,  "What would you like to be when you grown up?"  The answer was, "A fashion designer."  Now, that explains it all, right?  So, after all, regardless of who becomes President, this is proof that we will have fabulous fashion in the future if there are more young girls that think like this.

In the words of a 10 year old, "Stay like me, fabulous!"

Ciao, 

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment