Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Checker Board Champion!

     While Mark Jacobs started off with stripes at the beginning of New York's fashion week he ended with a checkered bang in Paris.  That will be one that goes down in gaming history.  The models stomped down the runway in unique two by two form on a yellow checked playing board after they briskly floated down four escalators.  If that doesn't scream "SIXTIES" then I don't know what does.  Each model had uniform hairstyles with a carefully placed bow tied headband and satin pumps with a tiny metallic heel to complete the look.  
      Jacobs had to switch into his Vuitton mindset and he did just that.  He took the classic Damier checked print and stretched it, shrunk it, tweaked it and diva-tized it.  The color choice was so '60's, electric yellow, deep-woods brown, silver, camel and, for lack of better words, puke green.  The simplicity of this collection was overpowered by the banging of the pattern.  As for the garments, they varied from sheath dresses, maxi dresses, cropped tops, blazer and pant suits to pleated mini dresses.  If you are like me and you stare at a garment for 20 minutes and try to analyze the whole thing you will notice that everything was cut perfectly along the narrow lines.  The sleeves match up with the chest and each pant leg are completely parallel.  Perfection traveled throughout this entire show.
     My thoughts...by far the best show of all fashion week.  I know that's bold of me to say, but I cannot help it.  It was so spot on, the shoes, the hair and the garments.  When you compare the simplicity of the silhouettes to the chaos of the print they clash and make sparks fly.  I don't know if it's because I loved '60's fashion or because I love escalators or what?  I would watch this show over and over again, maybe get a little dizzy because the checks cross my eyes but I loved it!










Check Mate!

Ciao, 

Annie
   

No comments:

Post a Comment