Tuesday, March 12, 2013

For All You Juniors Out There!

     I remember back in high school, always trying to create the best look and be the most fashionable.  The trouble with high school was/is everyone tends to look a little homogenized.  In my day we were all rolled up like little sausages in the ever popular Juicy terry track suit.  Not the best look for everyone and certainly not a standout style!  High school can be a tough place to define yourself and your style.  Back then it really felt like what you wore mattered.  I have a secret for you young ladies, (take it from me... I won best dressed for my senior superlatives!) be yourself and go with whatever you feel comfortable and fashionable in.  Some might think it's strange and other will love it to death.  I got a sideways glance now and then for sure, but hey, who were they to judge?  Fashion is supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be the thing that sets you apart from all the other kids at school.  Ok, I guess school is not the runway and who you are and what you do should be what sets you apart.  But, they say if you look good, you do good!  So it's never too early to hone your own personal style. 
     Here's something for you to consider - L'Amor by Nanette Lepore sold at JCPenny.  The well known fashion designer has nailed this fabulous collaboration.  She created a fashion forward collection of Junior clothing that has completely blown me away.  If it fit me I would be running to the nearest JCP right now and buying one of everything.  It's such a fun collection, the colors, the prints and the fabric choices give the line the feeling of high fashion apparel.  Her collection ranges from studded shorts and graphic tee's to colorful camouflage baby doll dresses.  Best of all it is ridiculously affordable.  No need to break the piggy bank here!  Now it's your turn - go out and put together a unique outfit that has your own personal stamp on it!

“In order to be irreplaceacle, one must always be different.”
― Coco Chanel








JcPenny, I love your style!

Ciao, 

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment