Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Power Of A Manicure & Kicking Bad Habbits!

     We are all culprits of a bad habit or three.  Maybe you constantly play with your hair or chew with your mouth open. Perhaps you occasionally belch aloud in public, smoke cigarettes like a chimney, or bite your nails.  There are some habits that just seem impossible to kick.  Since my youth, I'm afraid I would fall into the category of colossal nail biter.  I admit, initially I was a voracious thumb sucker, but some time around age 6 (yes, I sucked my thumb at age 6 - so what) I discovered an enormous satisfaction in biting my nails... to the quick.
     People around me hated it.  If I was watching TV with my family they were constantly subjected to the, "chomp,chomp,chomp'" (attractive, huh?), and like clockwork came the, "stop biting your nails!"   After a while, I started to notice it was out of boredom that I would resort to gnawing my nails.  But thankfully one day, several years back, (ok so it was only 2 weeks ago!) I discovered a cure for nail biting.  This cure has been out there for ages, but only after a consecutive month of weekly manicures have I officially realized that nail polish has saved my life - or at least my nails!
     It's not that I'm new to the world of mani's, I've enjoyed getting them for years - almost as much as I've enjoyed chewing them off!  So what gives you ask?  Why stop now?  You wouldn't be asking that question if you'd seen the Essie Spring 2013 palette.  They're far too gorgeous to chew on, and off.  And perhaps I'm just growing up a bit because I'm obsessed with a perfect, non- nibbled, manicure.  It's that simple.  I have kicked the habit!  No rehab - cold turkey!  At least until I see the Essie summer collection!
Giving you habit breakers a perfectly polished thumbs up!









Annie 1 : Nail Biting 0

Ciao,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment