Friday, October 12, 2012

The Sneaker Kick!

     As I wander aimlessly around NYC I tend to look down.  Not because I'm insecure and like to keep to myself but because I'm curious to see the shoe trends that are stomping around.  Now that we have made that clear, sneakers are so totally in.  Trendy ones, of course, but none the less, they are sneakers.
Now, the spin on all of this is that these women aren't in their jogging clothes or their relaxed Sunday outfit.  They are wearing dresses, skirts and other fabulous outfits.  
     My take, this is a grunge trend that happens to work perfectly.  You're feet need to stay comfortable, especially in the city when you are pounding the pavement from day to day.  What is more comfortable then a nice pair of worn in sneakers?  And what is better than those nice pair of worn in sneakers being accepted by the fashion public and being worn with skirts and dresses?  NOTHING!  Don't get me wrong, this def isn't something that you will be wearing everyday, but it is nice to take a break from your 120mm Louboutins once in a while.
     I have pulled a few different types of sneakers that I saw on the streets and happen to know from experience are quite fabulous and comfortable to beat.


Frye


Steven By Steve Madden

Nike     



Converse

ASH

Just for kicks!

Ciao, 

Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment